Sunday, September 7, 2008

Magic Afternoon, Saturday September 6, 2008

You know those afternoons or evenings that are just magical? You go to a restaurant and the food is good, the ambiance good and the company and conversation superb? I had one of those experiences today. I met Sarah (my new friend from Sydney) at the palace and took a tour. She didn’t know where Rashinkar’s was so I took her there so she could go mat shopping. I bought one myself (a Mysore rug) which I had embroidered with my name. It cost all of $9.

Afterwards we met Stuart (also from Oz) at the Metropole. I’d never been there for their lunch buffet and had heard great things about it. I wasn’t disappointed. I thought the food was superb!

But better than the food was the company. Sarah and Stuart had met only briefly but Sarah wanted to reconnect with Stuart so I set this lunch up to do so. I’ve gotten to know both of them within the last week or so but it seems like I’ve known them both for a lifetime. And it was one of those conversations that went deep, really deep really fast.

It’s such a pleasure to get to that level with people. Without all the bullshit. Just real feelings, real emotions.

All of us are on the same page. All of us want to deepen our spiritual practices, to actually find a guru (or teacher) that we can learn from and all of us are going to be making some changes when we get back home. We are all worried about being able to keep up what we are learning and fining most valuable in India. We’ve agreed to be a support network for each other.

It was time very well spent.

No comments: