Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Apartment, September 16, 2008










I’ve moved into a new apartment for the remainder of my time here. I LOVE it! My own space (which is a bit weird after living with people for the last 2 1/2 months.) It’s much quieter than Joseph’s (no barking dogs!!!) and having a two bedroom apartment all to myself gives me a lot more space! The internet connection is exponentially faster which makes life a lot nicer as well.

The apartment belongs to a woman named Saskia, who lives here fairly permanently apparently. That’s her dog on the living room wall. She’s had the same maid, Camela, for 5 years. I wasn’t here to meet her today but came home to find my bed made, dishes done and the house completely clean. Well, all but the bathroom. Apparently that’s below her caste. I was able to arrange “a boy” from Tina to come over so I got those done this morning and (I think) arranged for him to come over twice a week. I say “I think” because all I really got was a head wobble when I asked him. He’s charging me an arm and a leg by Indian standards, but it’s only costing me $3 NZ to get my toilets cleaned. A bargain in my book!

4 comments:

Black Cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

WOW I LOVE IT!

Tracy said...

saskia is SO sweet! when I met her in Mysore after wards she had sent me a wonderful email and offered to let my husband and I stay in her place next time we came for a visit~It is a nice place!
Enjoy~

Black Cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.