Friday, September 26, 2008

Take me to the River, September 26, 2008






What an amazing day! First day I've had to relax in a long time with no agendas and no place to be. And the weather has just been amazing! Monsoon season seems to have ended with the days sunny and bright and in the high 80's F Low 30's C. Perfect, perfect weather.

After a leisurely breakfast at Alias I did some work on the computer, had a quick lunch at Anu's and then Christian and I headed to the river. I was keen to see if I could follow Caron's directions since we ended up going with Stuart the last time and he knew a different way. Sure enough, a left on the main road out of Gokulam, follow that until it dead ends, then another left and a right at the pink temple. The river was at the end of a long dirt road. The scenery was beautiful! See full photoset.

It may have just been the quietest place in India. We ran across a couple of groups of men who were napping after having a picnic. The place was also teaming with birds. Herons and others that I know I should know the names of. A bright teil Kingfisher flew right in front of me as I was riding back, dipped into the water and past me again. Very cool.

After the long ride in the sun we were ready for some ice cream and went to the gelato place. Yes, believe it or not, there's a great gelato place in Gokulam. My first time there but apparently Christian is a regular. Yummy!

Tonight it's popcorn and chick flicks! No practice tomorrow and I plan to have a lie in...until 6 or 7 at least! :)

4 comments:

JoeyB said...

When your in Seattle come check us out at www.theashramyoga.com. It's wonderful to see someone discussing their journey and experiences as yogi. Namaste. J Brimm.

Kim Seeling Smith said...

Thanks! I definitely will.

Travel Corporation India said...

India is such a wonderful place to travel the adventure tours, Historical monuments, safari tours, Himalayas tracking tours and many more thousands of visitors came across the world to travel India. India tour packages.

india said...

Really a very nice blog with lots of informative stuff to share.
Kesari Tours