Monday, June 16, 2008

Nashville, 8 - 10 June 2008

Mom picked me up from the airport and we headed straight to dinner. I decided to treat her to a new restaurant I heard about in San Diego; the Melting Pot. It’s a fondue restaurant and the full experience includes a cheese course (Wisconsin three cheese medley for us, of course), a salad (I had the California with gorgonzola and roasted walnuts and she had the house), the main (Lobster, shrimp, chicken and veggies in a coq au vin broth) and dessert (chocolate, caramel and pecans, flaming with strawberries, bananas and assorted sweets to dip). It was yummy!!!!!

Mom and I had a good time while I visited. We saw “Sex in the City” one day and shopped the next (ahhhh, proper malls, one of the true delights of the US). The trip was marred by the fact that I couldn’t breath the entire time I was there and that I left covered head to toe in flea bites. The asthma came from the fact that the house she lives in is over 200 years old and has lots of dust, dust mites and mold. That and her two cats. Hence the fleas. It took 2 days to recover from the asthma attack (after finally using my Aunt’s prescription for Advair) and 3 days and counting for the fleas. I look like I’ve got a bad case of the measles. I will need to find another way to see my mother. I’m never going back there again. I haven’t had an attack like that in years.

No comments: