Monday, June 23, 2008

Waiting to Board Flight to Bankok, June 23, 2008

I'm sitting in the Star Alliance Lounge of LAX.  This has to be the worst international airport in the world with the worst premium lounge.  The chairs are hard, the carpet worn.  Bad sushi, good strawberries.  I happen to be enjoying a glass of Bayley's over ice (free of charge) at the moment though.  Not a bad way to spend my time.

My experience in business class during my flight from Auckland to SFO 3 weeks ago made me hunger for more.  Especially after I found out that the flight from LAX to Bankok was 17.5 hours.  OMG!  That means when I hit the 12 hour mark, when I would normally be landing in Auckland I have another 5.5 hours left!!!!  That's longer than the flight from Boston to SFO!!!!  When I checked in I got a wild hair and asked about an upgrade to Premium Economy...a couple hundred dollars.  Not bad, "I'll take it...what do you get with Premium Economy"?  A bit more let room, but the same small seat.  Hmmmm, then I started thinking about laying in an actual bed and having loads of room and wonderful service.  "How much for Business Class?" I enquired...a bit more that a couple of hundred but before I knew it I was whipping out my credit card.  Gives new meaning to "whip it on" (Tony Robbins joke).  

The course was great.  I'll write more about that when I'm not so tired.  The longer I sit here the more tired I get.  I'm really just typing to keep from falling asleep.  I'm afraid of missing my flight.  

Anyway, the course was great.  Got lots of new ideas and signed up for a coach.  It's the next step, really.  I need someone to kick me in the butt and get me to implement all of these ideas floating around my head.  

Leadership was awesome!  I loved working with the participants.  From explaining parts of their financial plan to helping them decide what's next for them to pouring them water.  They really touched my heart.  I could get addicted to this stuff (actually I plan to).

Ran out of the hotel at 3PM to catch a cab to the airport only to find out that my 5PM flight was delayed to 6:40 due to the wild fires in Big Sur (there are wild fires in Big Sur?  news to me, I've been out of touch for awhile).  The good news is that the 3:30 flight had been delayed to 5:30 and was almost empty.  I got on that and, miraculously so did my luggage so I made it in plenty of time.   Talked to a very nice and attractive man in line as well...unfortunately we didn't get to sit together.   


No comments: