Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Deeksha, Part II, October 15, 2008

I had my second deeksha today. Amazing!!! I don’t remember if I explained what it was in my first post. This is a blessing or energy exchange given by initiates into the Oneness Movement. Interestingly enough this is what Tony Robbins’ wife Sage did to cure her lifelong affliction with motion sickness. Tony brought the Oneness Movement to Fiji and they rebranded Oneness University. It’s all the rage amongst my TR friends but I had not been called to do it. The deeksha or blessing is an energy exchange designed to break up neurological patterns. No wonder Tony loves it! That’s what he’s been doing for 30 years.

The first deeksha I had was nice, but no real effects. But this one. Oh my God! First of all the meditation was very powerful. It was designed to open up my chakras. My chakras have been pretty open with the other stuff I’ve been doing so it didn’t take much to really feel plugged in. Then Marina and Sergio put their hands on my head and I feel a flush of energy. It was amazing! Especially with Sergio. He seemed to be really in the flow. The Mysore dwellers will recognise Marina and Sergio from the Southern Star pool where they are frequently seen with their two kids...he’s Spanish and she’s Swiss / Italian.

The experience re-affirmed something I’d been struggling with a wee bit. I’ve always known that my spiritual connection was directly with the source. I’ve had a hard time going through an intermediary, or worshiping someone like Sai Baba or any other living incarnate of the devine. I have always wanted to “plug in” directly. And I’ve always thought about it as “plugging in”. The realisation I had today was that my spiritual path is all about energy. I think that’s why I love yoga so much. It plugs me into my body, quiets the mind and clears the way for a direct connection with the source. But now I’m called to do more in this arena. Just what that is I’m not sure....but isn’t it funny how everything is aligning? I fall in love with deeksha in India practicing yoga, but it’s already around my other network...the Tony Robbins people. I just feel like all of the pieces of my life are coming together and the picture on the puzzle is starting to become clearer.

No comments: