Tuesday, July 15, 2008

John and Lucy's Anniversary Party, July 15, 2008

CRAZY busy day. Practice was good but started out a bit stressful with my chiropractor’s daughter running around the shala for the second day. Apparently the new nanny doesn’t like it when she cries and brings her to the shala. She wanders in and out and cries first from mummy then daddy. Very distracting and dangerous to her with all of those people doing jumpbacks. Karen, Sean’s wife sat her down next to her and continued to practice. This was after Sharath had her for a period of time. I couldn’t take it. I’m not spending all of this money for my yoga teacher to babysit someone’s child. So when I was called in I went up to Karen and asked her if she and Sean could come at different times so that the baby wasn’t in the shala. She told me that I should appreciate what they are going through. Yes, far be it that one of them should miss a practice...they can just inconvenience the other 50 people in the room. I told her I thought that it was quite inconsiderate. By the time I got back from the changing room she was gone. I was, of course in my head debating with myself whether I’ve done the right thing and thinking that I’m never going to be able to get another chiropractic adjustment!

When I cam home and mentioned it to Peter, Jude and Rachel they were quite supportive. Rachel said that all of these kids and the parents that can’t control them have been a real problem for her since she’s arrived. Hmmmm, watch this space.

I was off to Yoga Sutra class at 10 and at 11 came back home to the already started surprise party for John and Lucy Scott’s 14th anniversary. The girls (their daughter India and her friend Kelsey planned it). Joseph made his famous fruit salad and Bill and Lisa, Peter and Amna and David and Simmi (an American couple living in Oz) were there. The food was wonderful topped off by Jude’s exquisite Chai. It was a real Kiwi contingent and everyone, of course has an Ashtanga practice. Wonderful conversation. I just love being surrounded by people like this.

I met Jude at KR Circle after a call to Australia (the power, of course, went out just as I was dialing out on Skype). That’s 5 power cuts today. It’s getting a bit ridiculous!!!

She and Peter had a dentist appointment and then Peter went home and Jude and I went shopping for deities. I found some wonderful sandalwood ones. Of course I didn’t have enough money with me so I had to get on the shop owners motorbike to go to the ATM. Boy was that an experience and did I get the looks. I did not ride side saddle like the Indian women. I had my skirt hiked up above my knees and on the back of a bike being driven by and Indian man it caused quite the scene. It was fun though darting in and out of traffic. He thought it was funny!  See pic of shop.  And of the shop next door!  Don't those chickens look appetising? 

Back to Badsha’s after for my final fitting. All of my clothing should be finished by Guruji’s birthday.

Dinner was hummus on a kohlrabi, a piece of toast and some miso Jude made me.

We started to watch the movie “Sicko” by Michael Moore and...guess what...the power went out again! Off to bed now. Special led class tomorrow as Thursday is moon day and Friday Guruji’s birthday. The shala is going through many preparations and Vedic ceremonies on Thursday to celebrate.

No comments: