Wednesday, July 9, 2008

View from my roof, July 9, 2008


View from my roof
Originally uploaded by kim.smith61

Some days I love India and some days I hate it. This is one of those days I love it. All the sights, the colours, the activity. It’s invigorating. Probably because I slept for 10 hours last night and felt so energetic when I woke up.

I woke up at my usual 5AM and discovered my period had finally come (I’ve thought it would for the last week). That means “ladies holiday” for me. I slept for another 2 1/2 hours!

Breakfast at Nalpak. James wasn’t there. He had a death in the family. Pongol and a dosa. Then off to the Sri Rama Krishna ashram bookstore to get the copy of the Bhagavad Gita that Laksmish wanted us to get for chanting class. I raced to Sean’s for a chiropractic adjustment and then lunch at Anus and then I headed off to the grocery store for supplies.

A word about Sean. How incredibly synchronistic to meet Alia at breakfast that day and mention my back. Without her I may never have realised Sean exists. He’s a wonderful chiropractor...one of the best I’ve had. And so loving and passionate about both yoga and chiropractic. Incredibly handsome as well. Too bad he’s married... That’s what I want, an Ashtanga practicing, handsome chiropractor. One that’s loving, kind, ambitious and wants to create something in the world.

We spent the afternoon on the computer and then I headed off to chanting class. I’m learning the opening Ashtanga prayer with proper sanskrit pronounciation. We’re also chanting the yoga sutras and some other prayers we’ve yet to be told what they are.

After chanting I walked with Kelly, the Canadian actuary over to Anus for a banana, chocolate, date, fig and almond smoothie. Just what I needed for dinner.

I met a girl named Una there (Irish lass) that is leaving on August 1. This may be another synchronistic event. She lives in what looks to be a brand new house across the road from Josephs. She’s only paying 7000 rupees (about $240) a month for a double bedroom and shared bath. They also have a sitting room and small kitchen. She’s taking me there tomorrow. Might be perfect as I’ve almost certainly decided to stay for another 2 months. Why not? I may never have this opportunity again (or take advantage of the opportunity). I can use August and September to work with my coach and develop my business plan. Hmmm, so much to think about.

I’m sleeping much better and really feel like I’m settling in. The decision to stay seems right. Scary, but right. I’m just not sure what twists and turns my life is to take now, but I feel like I’m on the right path.

No comments: