Saturday, July 5, 2008

More Shopping, July 5, 2008

Goodness, I’m exhausted! Rest day today (Saturday). Met James for Pongol at Nalpak with Peter and Jude and then Jude and I went back to the Southern Star, she to pay her bill, me to buy more shawls (mostly for pressies, but couldn’t resist another for myself.) I also bought two table runners and a gorgeous silk rug.

After that we went to Fab India where they have ready to wear and I bought a couple of pairs of pants, a skirt and three tops.

Picked Peter up for lunch and they took me to Anu’s Bamboo Hut, right around the corner. GREAT food. Lots of fresh veggies and some really nice curry type stuff. Good roti’s too and I finished it off with both a mango smoothie AND banana custard. Mmmmmm.

I met this delightful couple named Alia and Bruno and their two sons, Darjeeling and (crap I can’t remember, it’s the Hawaiian word for ocean). Their French, met in the US and came here for her to study yoga and to raise their kids for awhile. Better place than New York. They’ve bought a breakfast cafe. He’s a surfer so they’re actually thinking about moving to Aussie or NZ. The best news is that they know of a chiropractor and gave me his number. I will call for an appointment.

After lunch I had a little adventure. I went back to Nalpak or rather the grocer next door to pick up some supplies for the house. Not only food but mossie repellent (they are eating me alive and carry Dengue fever so I’m a bit concerned about being bitten). I also got a torch (flashlight) so that I can see the money if I take a rickshaw back after dark (I couldn’t last time, God knows how much I ended giving him) and a spray bottle to contain filtered water so I can wash my face more easily. I decided to walk back (it’s only about 1/2 mile) but in the heat and dust very exhausting! On the way I saw a pretty skirt for about $7 and bought that and two tops for about $1 each. Super cheap!

Came home, washed the fruit and now I’m going to take a nap!

No comments: