Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14, 2008




I feel like I had a productive day today. Started out with a great meditation. Really felt focused and felt as though I drifted away. Carried it through to my practice as well.
I was a woman on a mission today - determined to get to Supta Kurmasana and then Gaba Pindasana and not get stopped. I sailed through to Navasana. I felt strong, focused, and it really flowed. I managed to almost get my hands together in Supta Kurmasana and then asked for Saraswati’s help. I got into Gaba by myself and rolled around about a billion times only going about 3/4 of the way. Finally went up into Kukkutasana. I know Sharath saw me and he gave me a verbal adjustment in Upavistha Konasana afterward. Sooo, hopefully I can make it through the primary series. We’ll see how it goes.

Had a long leisurely breakfast at Alia’s today. Met the Scotts and saw some friends of theirs, Tom and Sasha. Tom is from Ireland (no sign of my Irish lad today unfortunately) and Sasha from Russia. Tom trades for a living and Sasha is hoping to become authorised to teach yoga but she’s recently torn her miniscus. They live here permanently (at least for the next 11 months) and then they may move to France.

Beautiful weather. The best we’ve had. Sunny and HOT (in the 90’s). I actually took some better pics of Chez Mr. Joseph so check those out in the post below. Came home around noon and studied my Yoga Sutras and even started to read the Bhagavad Gita. Peter maintains that that’s a political doctrine designed to keep the lower castes and women in their place so I’ll be interesting to have a read. This is a very easy copy recommended by Laxmish for chanting class.

Lunch at Anu’s. I’ve been invited by Kelly (the Canadian actuary) and Eva (the Swedish Lawyer) to tour some palaces on Thursday which will be great. Too hot, came home to take a nap and do some more reading.

Monsoons finally seem to be here. The last two days it’s POURED for an hour around 4PM. I just made it to chanting class and the skies opened up. Laxmish said I was very clever because I arrived early; he was still teaching the Sandskrit class before chanting.

Had a quick smoothie at Anu’s and now I’m off to bed. Not so lonely today. Really feel good about things.

No comments: