Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Shopping Excursion in KR Circle, July 8, 2008

I know I'm starting to acclimate. I was walking out of the Shala this morning and I saw a boy with a monkey on his back and I didn't even look twice. You see so many strange things here in India. I'm starting to take more pics now and will post them on Flick hopefully. Still working out the bugs.

Busy day today. Sharath (Guruji's Grandson) is back from Hong Kong and helped Saraswati with the morning Mysore practices. I was a bit nervous with Sharath there. He has no hesitation in telling people to stop their practice if they can't do a pose. But I did fine and he even helped me get into Supta Kurmasana. I got into Gaba Pindansana by myself (but couldn't roll).

I had no energy though. Don't think I'm eating enough for dinners. I rectified that by having fruit, then hummus on veggies, then some of Jude's Pongol (much better than Nalpak's) and some black sesame crackers she got from Thailand. Good stuff.

Anyway, I rested after practice and then went out to Sandhya's house with Jude, Peter, Joseph, the Scott's and a few other older students. The food was good, mostly veggies and rice.

Afterwards we went to KR Circle, dead smack in the centre of town. Peter wanted to make a dentist appointment (really good, really cheap dental work) they wanted to go to another Badshaw's for more silks to make cushions for their home. We had a great time as usual looking at the beautiful silks. Then Jude and I went onto a store called Rashinka's. We weren't impressed. They're quality was not nearly as good as Badshaw's and it was dumpy.

The walk there and back was interesting and I got some great pics.

Afterward we worked on our respective computers and talked. It's almost time for bed now and I still have to learn the closing Ashtanga prayer for my 5:30 chanting class tomorrow.

No comments: