Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 29, 2008

Haven't written a lot because I've really gotten into a nice routine and haven't had much to say. We are going sightseeing on Friday so stay tuned for more pics.

Thought I’d be pretty melancholy today with Jude and Peter gone but it was a really nice day. I had one of the best practices I’ve ever had. It felt like all of my joints were lubricated with oil, they all moved so nicely. I almost bound in Supta Kurmasana thanks to Jude’s coaching before I left. Got all the way through Ghaba Pindasana to put my chin on my hands and rolled all the way around. Back bends were amazing! I used Dena’s backbending method to roll up my vertebrae one at a time and was able to really get height. No compression in my low back at all. Sharath dropped me back and gave me coaching on my breathing during drop backs. No pain! Woo hoo!!!! Didn’t get up in headstand very much at all. I went all the way over yesterday and rolled over my hand. It’s still a bit painful so I was a bit timid today.

Breakfast at Alia’s with Ida, now my only housemate, followed by Sutra’s class (really getting interesting now) and then went to the stand up dosa bar for some dosas with Basia. She wanted me to go with her so she wasn’t the only westerner there (tall and blonde as well...she definitely stands out!) Lunch at Anu’s after doing some sutra reading and then met Christian and Eva (both Aussies but until recently Yoga Academy teacher trainees in Auckland). They arrived on Saturday and are settling in.

We spent the afternoon at the house chatting and them checking email, etc. A quick round of the neighborhood shops to check out different clothing options and then they accompanied me to register for my second month at the shala. Guruji was there in the office. I don't think it was one of his best days. I said hello and he looked at me as if he were trying to place me. It was still nice to see him though. Sharath moved me up to a 6AM start time. I’m happy about that. It will give me a bit more time in the morning.

Now that Peter and Jude are gone I want to get into a bit of a different routine where I spend more time reading and meditating. Really working on my inner journey. Nothing to distract me. Well, almost nothing. No one warned me that practicing at this level made your hormones go crazy!!!! Unfortunately no interesting, unattached men in sight. Oh well, that would just make me crazy anyway. I keep having to remind myself...this is a spiritual journey! :)

No comments: